Total Pageviews

Monday, July 22, 2013

Trying to Find My First Red Lipstick For The Fire Wife Conference

  If you don't know, very, very soon, I am going to the first ever, for fire fighter wives across America, a conference just for us, Flame Fest. There I am going to meet some very special ladies. A few larger than life bloggers, I have looked up to for a long time, and my closest ring of fire wives, well, plus almost 100 more of us, are going to meet in real life!
 
  Now you know, this calls for a new pair of shoes, a few dresses, and some RED lipstick. This IS a fire fighter event. I need red, right?! The only challenge is that I don't wear makeup that much. I haven't bought a lipstick form the store in over 10 years. After all, I was in direct sales for a makeup company, why would I? Not that I evened owned lipstick then. I am gloss kind of girl. Anyway, this left me lost in the grocery store make up isle, yes I know some of you are cringing right there. Did she say grocery store isle???
This is not me!

  It took me 2 minutes, but I finally found a red that matched my skin tone, wasn't orange, and wasn't too pink. Yes IS that hard to find just plain old red! Oy vey. I hate make up shopping.


Not me, either.  LOL.

   Needless to say, I was so excited I put it on in the car on the way home. Not while I was driving!!!! Geesh! I looked hot!! Unfortunately, my hubby was on call and had a training that night, and I didn't get to see him. The kids however loved I and couldn't stop touching my lips and kissing me. So funny. Wait till I paint my toe nails!! HA Ha Ha!

  The next morning, I was grateful to find he made it home sometime in the night. I woke him up with a kiss on the cheek, before I hopped out to grab the crying baby that is my alarm clock. He slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the light, stretched his arms out, paused and looked at me with tilted head, and started laughing!! "Nice red lip stick babe. Did you put that on to kiss me?" My hands flew up and grabbed my lips. Great I thought, I am allergic to this lipstick or something. This is how clueless I am to make up. I grabbed the box out of my purse to read the ingredients, and noticed it says 6 hour wear!! FOR REAL!!?? Ha! This stuff is awesome. AND true to it's claims, does last and last. A little red for the bedroom morning look but, not for night time!! Bazinga!

1 comment:

  1. I did the SAME THING! Although, I am a lipstick wearer, I prefer more muted shades of taupe. j came to bed after me, I must have kissed his neck at some point in the night. He nearly walked into the firehouse withe perfect lip prints all over his neck! LOL

    ReplyDelete